Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Week 9: Objective 5

Pertaining to page 195, complete objective 1, 2, 3, 6 or 7. (Please choose only one to complete).

5. Share a "calling in your debts" argument you've heard.


ive heard alot of "calling in your debts" argument. Today as a matter of fact, my sister tried to pull one on me.. She prepared dinner for me because she noticed i was super tired and i said thanks and that was that.. but then today, she asked me to cook for her also and i was so tired that i asked for a raincheck she then brought up the fact that she did me that favor the night before.. this is an example of "calling in your debts." (i didnt give in though, she got punked) =]

3 comments:

  1. Hey Moe, I was confused on "calling in your debts" but until reading your blog I find it interesting to what it means. Your example was interesting to me because it is something that has happened to my brother and me so many times in the past. If my brother did the laundry last week and I decided to not do any of the chores then he would tell me that he did the laundry last week. These things happened to me while I was at work also. I remember over the summer when I wanted to go to a concert and I wanted my friend to cover my shift. However, my friend told me that he covered my shift in the past so many times. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I also did not fully understand what "Calling in your debts" intended. Your example that you have here gave me a better understanding of what "Calling in your debts" meant. Thanks! I like the example that you used about your sister cooking you dinner. My brother and I tend to do that a lot, come to think of it. Ha-ha. I never thought of it like that though. I would call him out on his “debts”, but it would not really matter to me. But that is a great way of getting out of things ha-ha. Great post and example!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ‘calling your debts’ often happens to me when I help out my brother with his homework or his chores. The next day when I ask him to do something for me or help me out he will not or he’ll say, “I’ll do it in a minute,” which ultimately means he won’t do anything as well. Your example was really easy to understand and relatable and for me when something is relatable I can always understand it better. I feel like calling in your debts can be a continuous cycle – you have to wait for someone to do something for you if they owe you a favor. And then, that person will count on you to help them since they did you a favor.

    ReplyDelete