Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Week 11: Mission Critical

What was useful about the Mission Critical webiste?

The Mission Critical website was a very useful website. This website pretty much summarizes a lot if not all that we have learned about critical thinking and then some. I recognizes all of the material presented here but then there was also other things that are also helpful to understand the different concepts. For example, i learned a lil bit about Post Hoc Reasoning and its meaning of "after this, therefore because of this." (unless it WAS in the text and i totally missed it :/) but i overall likes this website. It serve as a great review; and even as a great lesson. This would actually be a very good place for people to start learning about critical thinking. It is an extremely detailed website and it breaks everything down into sections, making it easy to find an label what is being read. For people in our section that are still confused about a few of the topics we have been discussing, this will be a great refreshment and tool to catch up!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you that the mission critical website pretty much is a website that contains all the concepts we have learned in comm 41 in critical thinking. There were also many more concepts in that website that I had not heard about. I also agree that I had never seen and had no clue what Post Hoc Reasoning is and I believe it want in either of the textbooks we have, but good job explaining the concept. At first I was confuse because I thought the mission critical website was going to be about a certain concept we have to learn about, but I slowly realized that it was a website compiled of all or mostly all the concepts we have learned about as well as new concepts I had not seen in the textbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, first off great post! I definitely agree with what you had to say about the mission critical website the professor provided us with. It's really a great site to have bookmarked just to use as a general study tool as it really does cover most, if not all, of the concepts we've covered so far this semester. I also liked how it gave us individual examples for several of the concepts so we could develop a better understanding of what was just covered. As you said, I also really enjoyed the general layout of the website as it's extremely easy to read and navigate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you this website was very helpful. It did summarize most of the concepts we learned in this critical thinking class. If she gave this website to us before we did the essays, it would have help a lot. This website is also very organized. I also agree with you that people in our section would find this website very useful. This website also help me understand most of the fallacies. The explanation of the fallacy was very clear and made it more easier for me to understand. They also used many great examples. Overall this website was very good.

    ReplyDelete